Hands-on experience with the Fujifilm X-T3 plus our range of lenses
Enjoy a day of autumnal splendour in the Peak District with FUJIFILM X-Photographer Chris Upton and the new FUJIFILM X-T3.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Chris will be providing expert group and individual tuition on using your Fujifilm equipment including:
- How to get the most from your FUJIFILM camera and develop your landscape photography skills, while enjoying a day trying out the superb new FUJIFILM X-T3 in the Peak District. Its dramatic Gritstone Edges, wooded valleys and tumbling streams make the area the perfect location.
- Chris will provide group and individual tuition on using your FUJIFILM equipment, including camera set-up, metering, focusing, including the Focus Bracketing feature, and tips on improving your composition.
- How to use XF lenses with expert technical advice from a FUJIFILM representative,
Shooting in a variety of locations across the Peak District, from morning until after sunset, Chris will demonstrate how to get the best results for landscape photography from your camera.
- Tuition group and individual (as time permits).
- Technical support.
- Transportation around the locations.
- Use of a FUJIFILM X-T3 camera for each attendee and use of a selection of FUJINON XF lenses.
3/5 A reasonable level of fitness and mobility is required. There are some short, steep paths, uneven ground, moss covered rocks and tree roots to negotiate, although we won’t be walking long distances.
YOUR COURSE LEADER: CHRIS UPTON
Chris Upton is a travel, landscape and social documentary photographer from Nottinghamshire, UK. He is an associate of the Royal Photographic Society and is proud to be an official FUJIFILM X-Photographer. Chris’s great passions in life are travel and photography. He has travelled widely and finds it an amazing experience to observe and photograph a variety of cultures, people and landscapes. His hope is that through his photographs he can bring a little of this to the viewer and inspire others to experience the beauty and diversity of the world for themselves.
In 2016, Chris presented a major social documentary project, recording the closure of Thoresby Colliery, the last
pit in Nottinghamshire, to widespread critical acclaim. He also published a book, Thoresby the End of the Mine, to
accompany the exhibition. Chris’s work is sold internationally and has been published in numerous magazines and books. He has held several major solo exhibitions and was invited to exhibit at the prestigious Masters of Vision exhibition at Southwell Minster in 2009, 2011 and 2013. Chris loves to share his knowledge and lectures around the
UK, as well as running a variety of workshop events.
WHAT KIT DO YOU NEED?
Chris shoots with an X-T3 and you will have an X-T3 available to shoot with on the day. A sturdy tripod is highly recommended. Chris shoots his landscape photography using the XF10-24, 16-55 and 50-140 lenses. A Fujifilm representative will be joining us with a selection of XF lenses for you to try out and will provide expert technical advice.
We will also include a FREE 16GB memory card for you to use and keep on the day. Please prepare for all weather conditions so you should wear layers, have waterproofs and walking boots / approach shoes. Also bring a packed lunch, snacks and drinks
The George Hotel
24th October 2019 - 09:30 to 18:30
Please aim to arrive 15 minutes earlier than your session time.
- Expert tuition and live model demonstration from professional X-Photographer - Chris Upton
- Use of the FUJIFILM X-T3 camera and lenses
- 16GB SD memory card
Please note: Tickets do not include any other expenses, train fares, lunch, taxi fares, parking charges etc. unless otherwise stated.
Back to top
Terms & conditions
Once you have purchased a ticket your place on the day will be reserved. If circumstances change and you need to cancel your place, please let us know 10 days before the event and we will be happy to issue you a refund in full. Refunds after this time are non refundable.
You need to be at least 18 years of age in order to take part in this event and a disclaimer form will need to be completed on the day in order to take part in the day's activity.
A copy of the disclaimer form is available HERE
Please feel free to contact us @ email@example.com
Back to top