Hands-on experience with the Fujifilm X-Pro2 plus our range of lenses
Working together in the beauty of the English Lake District, this workshop is designed to help you become a creative, competent and confident landscape photographer. It will combine structured shooting with coaching from your course leader, Mark Gilligan FBIPP. This is not a ‘photo walk’ – it’s a proper learning experience, designed to elevate your photography to a new level.
- We meet at 10am for coffee, introductions, tuition and a thorough briefing (around 1 to 1.5 hours’ tuition) before setting off on to the fells.
Our itinerary will take us to some great locations, where we will put into practice some of the principles learned in the morning session. Expect to walk a fair distance on this workshop.
Our small group sizes allow participants to receive a significant amount of one-to-one tuition and coaching from the course leader, Mark Gilligan who is one of the countries leading landscape photographers and writers. After a short a lunch break we will back on the fells for the second structured photographic session.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop a landscape photographer’s ‘eye’ and learn how to recognise a photographic composition on location.
- The aesthetics of and various approaches to landscape photography.
- Understand the importance in developing your own style as a photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’.
- The components of a good image.
- How to work with the weather.
- The technical aspects of shooting landscapes: equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- How a professional landscape photographer sets up their camera for accurate shooting.
- How manual focusing can speed up your work and make you more effective as a photographer.
- How to photograph safely in difficult situations or areas and respect the landscape.
YOUR COURSE LEADER: MARK GILLIGAN FBIPP
Mark is an award-winning photographer and writer based in the North of England. Having been involved in imaging for over 40 years, he also produced and directed over 200 professional television
programmes and was the National director of the Home Office Photography and Video course. He was made a Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photographers and now spends most of his time in the Lake District and Snowdonia concentrating on his photographic work and writing.
His bespoke workshops are attended by people who come from all over the world and although he specialises in landscape, he also produces travel and documentary work across Europe for airlines and their inflight magazines.
A features writer for many outdoors titles, he is a recent winner of the prestigious Sunday Times Landscape of The Year #OMGB award and his images are used by the British Government to promote the beauty of the UK to the rest of the world. He was also merited in the final of the European Professional Landscape Photographer of The Year. Mark began shooting with Fujifilm X Cameras in 2012 and as well as his work on behalf of FUJIFILM, he is a proud ambassador for Lee Filters and Berghaus.”
WHAT KIT DO YOU NEED?
Mark shoots his landscape photography using an X-Pro2. For that reason, we have X-Pro2 cameras with XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lenses available to use on the day. We have a limited selection of wide angles available to test, too. A FREE 16GB memory card is also included for you to use on the day that you can keep. Graduated filters are a must for how Mark shoots, so please try and bring your own, though we have some available for you to try. We recommend bringing a tripod.
Please note, we will be working in the landscape in open countryside and mountainous terrain. The weather can change very quickly. We will NOT be venturing up too high, but suitable ‘proper’ weatherproof, outdoor clothing and boots are vital. Bring an umbrella!
The Brook House
We’ll meet here and move inside the coffee shop for briefing.
31st October 2019 - 10:00 to 16:00
Please aim to arrive 15 minutes earlier than your session time.
- Expert tuition and live model demonstration from professional X-Photographer - Mark Gilligan
- Use of the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 camera and lenses
- 16GB SD memory card
Please note: Tickets do not include any other expenses, train fares, lunch, taxi fares, parking charges etc. unless otherwise stated.
Back to top
Terms & conditions
Once you have purchased a ticket your place on the day will be reserved. If circumstances change and you need to cancel your place, please let us know 10 days before the event and we will be happy to issue you a refund in full. Refunds after this time are non refundable.
You need to be at least 18 years of age in order to take part in this event and a disclaimer form will need to be completed on the day in order to take part in the day's activity.
A copy of the disclaimer form is available HERE
Please feel free to contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top