Join Fujifilm for an in-depth day learning all about the GFX system and the bodies and lenses in the range. Fashion and beauty photographer Wayne Johns will teach you all about using the GFX50S in the studio for portrait work, whilst Kevin Mullins will show how the different ergonomics of the GFX50R lends itself to the more candid environment of street work.
- Introduction to Medium Format
- Wayne and Kevin do a brief introduction to the GFX system: what it is, why they use it, what makes the GFX especially good, the different uses it can be put to.
- The attendees are split into two groups of six.
- Using the GFX in the studio – GROUP 1 – 3 hour workshop with GFX 50S and chance to see the brand new GFX 100
- Wayne Johns does an intensive three-hour workshop demonstrating how to take amazing studio portraits with the GFX. Showing how it integrates with lighting, CaptureOne and how even a 100 megapixel camera can be used handheld due to IBIS.
- Using the GFX in the street – GROUP 2 - 3 hour workshop – GFX 50R
- Kevin Mullins does an intensive three-hour workshop on street photography with a medium format camera. Kevin will start with a short presentation outlining how the GFX 50R brings Medium Format shooting to the streets. We’ll then take to the streets and through a series of exercises, Kevin will demonstrate how he uses the camera to capture candid images on the streets. We’ll also use the time to shoot some street portraiture, taking keen interest in the three core composites of Light, Moment and Composition.
- LUNCH BREAK
- The groups switch over and repeat the morning sessions in the afternoon.
YOUR COURSE LEADER: WAYNES JOHNS
Wayne Johns is a Fashion, Beauty, Advertising, Photographer & Director based in London, best known for his crisp and emotive imagery, Wayne has gained international recognition as a ‘master of lighting techniques’ and his artistic approach.
His mastery of technique and attention to detail also see him as a respected director and means that Wayne is as in demand to teach his style and give workshops, as he is by commercial clients to create world-class images. He is an Official Fujifilm X Ambassador, using the XT2, X Pro2 and GFX 50S series systems.
He is also an official Arri Lighting Ambassador and for some years was Head Photographer for NEXT.
His inspiration, enthusiasm and passion for creativity are fuelled by his passion for enjoying life, Everything it has to offer and anything that surrounds him at any given time. He is an artist with a camera and light.
His clients include the likes of Vogue, Marie Claire, GQ, Hasselblad, Leica, Bowens, Nike, L’oreal, Fujifilm, Sekonic, NEXT, Coca-Cola, ITV, Channel4, Rimmel, Haute Magazine. His new Fashion & Beauty Workshops are set to commence later this year, and will be available around the globe.
YOUR COURSE LEADER: KEVIN MULLINS
Kevin Mullins is a documentary wedding photographer and social family photographer based in Wiltshire, England. He was one of the first official Fujifilm X-Photographers in the United Kingdom and has been shooting with Fujifilm since the original X100 was launched in 2011.
Shooting in a documentary style, he strives to tell the story of the wedding through photojournalism, rather than “traditional” wedding photography.
Kevin is known across Europe for his unique photographic style and is a well-respected educator, speaking at conferences in the USA, Argentina, Japan and Europe. In 2017, his wedding photography was exhibited by Fujifilm in a month-long exhibition at Tokyo Square, Japan.
WHAT KIT DO YOU NEED?
You will get the chance to test the GFX 50S, GFX 50R and see the brand new GFX 100 on this day.
You can keep a 16GB SD card after completing the course. GFX files are large, so make sure to bring your own SD cards to use on the day too! Fast cards with lots of space is necessary. Make sure to bring lunch and snacks as this is not included.
66-68 De Beauvoir Crescent,
London, N1 5SB
22nd July 2019 - 10:00am to 6.00pm
Please aim to arrive 15 minutes earlier than your session time.
- Receive expert training & advice from professional X-Photographers Wayne Johns and Kevin Mullins
- Get hands-on with the Fujifilm GFX 50S, GFX 50R cameras and lenses
- See the brand new GFX 100 on this day
- Limited to only 12 spaces
Please note: Tickets do not include any other expenses, train fares, lunch, taxi fares, parking charges etc. unless otherwise stated.
Back to top
Terms & conditions
Once you have purchased a ticket your place on the day will be reserved. If circumstances change and you need to cancel your place, please let us know 10 days before the event and we will be happy to issue you a refund in full. Refunds after this time are non refundable.
You need to be at least 18 years of age in order to take part in this event and a disclaimer form will need to be completed on the day in order to take part in the day's activity.
A copy of the disclaimer form is available HERE
Please feel free to contact us @ email@example.com
Back to top