With an impressive optical zoom, advanced image stabilisation and WiFi functionality, the Fujifilm S9800 Bridge Camera offers great versatility. Our experts love images at any distance. With a super Macro Mode capturing subjects as close as 1 cm from the lens, this bridge camera seamlessly covers an enormous focal range with no need to change lenses. It offers a 920k-dot electronic viewfinder and 5-Axis image stabilisation for smoother shots.
The S9800 features a 16.2 megapixel BSI-CMOS sensor, which is back-side illuminated to ensure bright, high quality results, right up to the maximum ISO sensitivity of 12,800. You won't miss a moment thanks to the fast autofocus which delivers excellent results quickly.
Shoot steady thanks to 5-axis image stabilisation system with two-axis optical and three-axis electronic stabilisation functions. This helps manage camera shake in all directions, ideal when walking and shooting handheld video, or when taking advantage of the long zoom range.
Versatile zoom lens
From close-ups of flowers to faraway sports action, the S9800 offers an impressive focal range with a 50 x optical zoom lens and bright f/2.9 to f/6.5 maximum aperture.
The Super Macro mode focuses down to just 1 cm, ideal for detailed close-ups of flowers, insects and other subjects.
In addition to auto and manual exposure controls, the S9800 features a wide range of scene modes including portrait, sport and fireworks for getting the perfect results.
A choice of eleven advanced filters let you get creative with your photos – turn your scene into an artistic sketch, enhance it with pop colour, or make it sparkle with cross screen.
The S9800 features a bright, high resolution 920,000-dot electronic viewfinder for greater detail when framing your images.
Take, view and edit images, or adjust your settings with the clear 3” LCD screen located on the rear of the S9900W Camera.
Full HD video
Capture movies in Full HD 1080p at 60 fps for highly detailed pictures that can be slowed right down for smooth slow-motion playback. Movie Scene Recognition function ensures the optimum settings are selected for the best results.
Add creative effects such as fish-eye or partial colour, or trim and join up your movie without even linking up to a PC thanks to a variety of in-built filters and functions.
- Additional Information
YouTube Video No Specifications Model name FinePix S9900W, S9800 Number of effective pixels 16.2 million pixels Image sensor 1/2.3-inch CMOS with primary color filter
Total number of pixels: 16.79 million pixels
Storage media Internal memory (approx. 38MB)
SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I) memory card*1
- still image
- JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3)*2 /
(Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
- Movie File Format : MOV
Movie Video Compression : H.264
Audio : Linear PCM Stereo
Number of recorded pixels L : (4:3) 4608 x 3456 / (3:2) 4608 x 3072 / (16:9) 4608 x 2592 / (1:1) 3456 x 3456
M : (4:3) 3264 x 2448 / (3:2) 3264 x 2176 / (16:9) 3264 x 1840 / (1:1) 2432 x 2432
S : (4:3) 2304 x 1728 / (3:2) 2304 x 1536 / (16:9) 1920 x 1080 / (1:1) 1728 x 1728
360° Vertical : 11520 x 1624 Horizontal : 11520 x 1080
180° Vertical : 5760 x 1624 Horizontal : 5760 x 1080
120° Vertical : 3840 x 1624 Horizontal : 3840 x 1080
- Fujinon 50x optical zoom lens
- focal length
- f=4.3mm - 215mm, equivalent to 24 - 1200mm on a 35mm format
- F2.9 (Wide) - F6.5 (Telephoto)
- 17 elements in 12 groups
(includes 3 aspherical and 2 extra low dispersion elements)
Digital zoom Intelligent digital zoom approx. 2.0x (up to approx. 100x, with 50x optical zoom) Aperture F2.9 / F8.4 (Wide)
F6.5 / F7.8 / F19.0 (Telephoto) with ND filter
(from lens surface)
- Wide : approx. 40cm to infinity / 1.3 ft. to infinity
- Telephoto : approx. 3.5m to infinity / 11.4 ft. to infinity
- Wide : approx. 7cm - 3.0m / 2.7 in. - 9.8 ft.
- Telephoto: approx. 3.5m - 5.0m / 11.4 ft. - 16.4 ft.
- Super Macro
- Wide : approx. 1cm - 1.0m / 0.3 in. - 3.2 ft.
Sensitivity AUTO / AUTO (400) / AUTO (800) / AUTO (1600) / AUTO (3200),
Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 (Standard Output Sensitivity)
Exposure control TTL 256-zone metering, Spot, Multi, Average Exposure mode Programmed AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual exposure Shooting modes
- Portrait, Baby, Smile & Shoot, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text
- MODE DIAL
- SR AUTO, AUTO, Adv., SP, Panorama, P, S, A, M, Custom
Image Stabilizer Lens shift type Face detection Yes Exposure compensation -2.0EV - +2.0EV 1/3EV step Shutter speed (Auto mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/1700 sec., (All other modes) 8 sec. to 1/1700 sec. with mechanical shutter Continuous shooting
- H : approx. 10 fps max. 10 frames
M : approx. 5.0 fps max. 10 frames
L : approx. 3.0 fps max. 10 frames
SH1 : approx. 60 fps max. 60 frames (Max. number of recorded pixels : 1080 x 960)
SH2 : approx. 120 fps max. 60 frames (Max. number of recorded pixels : 640 x 480)
- Best Frame capture
- approx. 10 fps 10 frames (Size L, M, S) / 20 frames (Size S)
- *Use a card with SD Speed Class with or higher.
- *The frame rate and the recorded number of frames varies with shooting conditions.
Auto bracketing AE Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV) Focus
- Single AF / Continuous AF
- TTL contrast AF, AF assist illuminator available
- AF frame selection
- Center, Multi, Area, Tracking
White balance Automatic scene recognition
- Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Custom
Interval shooting Yes Self-timer 10 sec. / 2 sec. Delay Flash Manual pop-up flash (i-Flash)
Effective range : (ISO AUTO)
- Wide : approx. 40cm - 7.0m / 1.3 ft. - 22.9 ft.
- Telephoto : approx. 2.5m - 3.6m / 8.2 ft. - 11.8 ft.
- Wide : approx. 30cm - 3.0m / 0.9 ft. - 9.8 ft.
- Telephoto : approx. 2.0m - 3.0m / 6.5 ft. - 9.8 ft.
- Red-eye removal OFF
- Auto, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro.
- Red-eye removal ON
- Red-eye Reduction Auto, Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro.
Hot shoe - Electronic Viewfinder 0.2-inch, approx. 920K-dot, color LCD viewfinder approx. 97% coverage for shooting, 100% for playing back LCD monitor 3.0-inch, approx. 460K-dot, TFT color LCD monitor, approx. 97% coverage for shooting, 100% for playing back Movie recording Full HD 1920 x 1080 60i (max. 29 min)
HD 1280 x 720 60p
640 x 480 30p
with stereo sound. Wind filter
Optical or digital zoom function can be used.
- *Use a card with SD Speed Class with or higher.
Photography functions SR AUTO, High Speed Movie (120 / 240 / 480 frames/sec), Adv. mode (Advanced Filter for still image : Toy camera / Miniature / Pop color / High-key / Low-key / Dynamic tone / Soft Focus / Cross Screen / Fish-eye / Partial color / Sketch, Advanced filter for movie : Toy camera / Pop color / High-key / Low-key / Fish-eye / Partial color / Sketch, Pro Low-Light, HDR, Natural Light & with Flash, Zoom Bracketing), Instant zoom, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Histogram display, Date stamp Playback functions Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Protect, Crop, Resize, Slide show, Image rotate, Histogram display, exposure warning, Photobook assist, image search, Favorites, Mark for upload, Panorama, Erase selected frames, Movie edit Other functions PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 Languages, Time difference, Silent mode, Discharge function Wireless transmitter
- * Only for FinePix S9900W
- IEEE 802.11b / g / n (standard wireless protocol)
- access mode
- * Only for FinePix S9900W
Geotagging / Wireless communication (Image transfer) / View & Obtain Images / Remote camera shooting / PC Autosave Terminal
- Video output
- Digital interface
- USB2.0 (High-Speed) Multi USB terminal
- HDMI output
- HDMI Mini connector (Type C)
Power supply 4xAA type alkaline batteries (included) / 4xAA type Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (sold separately) / 4xAA type lithium batteries (sold separately) Dimensions 122.6 (W) x 86.9 (H) x 116.2(D) mm / 4.8 (W) x 3.4 (H) x 4.6 (D) in. Weight Approx. 670g / 23.6 oz. (including batteries and memory card)
Approx. 577g / 20.3 oz. (excluding batteries and memory card)
Operating Temperature 0°C - 40°C (32°F - 104°F) Operating Humidity 10% - 80% (no condensation) Guide to the number of available frames for battery operation*3 Alkaline batteries : approx. 300 frames (AUTO mode)
Ni-MH rechargeable batteries : approx. 500 frames (AUTO mode)
Lithium batteries : approx. 700 frames (AUTO mode)
- *Fujifilm research based on CIPA standards
Accessories included 4xAA type alkaline batteries
Lens cap and Lens cap cord
Optional accessories AC Power Adapter AC-5VX
DC coupler CP-04
- *1Please see the Fujifilm website (http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/compatibility/card/s/) to check memory card compatibility.
- *2Exif 2.3 is a digital camera file format that contains a variety of shooting information for optimal printing.
- *3Approximate number of frames / period that can be taken with a fully-charged battery based on CIPA standard.
- *4OS compatibility
Viewer software: Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista